- Step 1: Flatten your tummy For washboard abs, start pedaling—in the air. Research suggests that the bicycle maneuver is the top exercise for abdominals. To do it, lie on your back with your knees raised and bent, your hands locked behind your head. Now alternate touching one elbow to the opposite bent knee, as you extend the other leg.
- Step 2: Become a tight ass To firm your butt, do lunges every day. Begin by standing up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. With your right leg, take one long step forward, keeping your back straight as your body lowers itself and your knees bend. Move back to the starting position in one smooth motion.
- TIP: Sneak in lunges while you’re brushing your teeth.
- Step 3: Start swimming Find a pool and start doing laps: Fittingly, the single best exercise for getting your body toned for the beach is swimming.
- Step 4: Cut out beverages Stop drinking everything but water. For the average American, this simple move will save you a whopping 450 calories a day.
- Step 5: Step it up Get a pedometer and set a daily step goal. Analysis from Stanford found that people who monitored their walking with a pedometer increased their physical activity 27 percent.
- Step 6: Brush your body Each day before showering, take a natural bristle brush made especially for body brushing and, starting at the feet, brush your skin with long upward strokes. This stimulates blood circulation, which can reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Step 7: De-stress Do whatever it takes —meditation, yoga, deep breathing—to de-stress. A study found that anxiety leads to the body’s build-up of toxic wastes, which turns into cellulite!
- FACT: The white bikini that Ursula Andress wore in the 1962 James Bond thriller Dr. No was auctioned off for $61,500 in 2001.
You Will Need
- A place to swim
- A pedometer
- A natural bristle body brush
- A Zen attitude