- Step 1: Tap into store From your iPhone's home screen, tap the App Store icon.
- TIP: You can also access and download iPhone applications from your computer via iTunes and sync them to your iPhone.
- Step 2: Browse apps The App Store provides several ways of locating applications. On the main screen, along the bottom, browse featured and popular applications, navigate through categories, or manually search for specific apps.
- Step 3: Tap app for info Once you find an application you want, tap it to access general information, screen shots, user ratings, and cost.
- Step 4: Download app To download, tap the price button in the upper right hand corner and navigate through the "Buy Now" options. If it's a free app, tap the button that reads "Free" for quick installation.
- TIP: You'll need to use a Wi-Fi connection – as opposed to a cellular connection like 3G – if the application you're downloading is larger than 10 megabytes.
- Step 5: Use it Your new iPhone application will now appear on your home screen – ready to launch and use any time you like.
- FACT: Within six months of the App Store launch, customers had downloaded half a billion applications.
You Will Need
- An iPhone running at least version 2.0
- A connection to the internet via Wi-Fi
- or Edge
- A computer with an internet connection and iTunes 7.7 or higher