- Step 1: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Step 2: Add gin, vermouth, and Campari Add the gin, sweet vermouth, and Campari.
- TIP: If you like your drinks extra bitter, you reduce the amount of sweet vermouth to three-quarters of an ounce.
- Step 3: Briefly shake or stir the drink Shake or stir the drink very briefly - only about five or six times.
- TIP: Avoid too much shaking or stirring, as this will cause the ice to melt and will result in a diluted drink.
- Step 4: Strain into a chilled cocktail glass Strain your mixed drink from the cocktail shaker into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Step 5: Garnish and serve Garnish the cocktail glass with an orange peel or orange slice, and enjoy.
- FACT: Gaspare Campari invented his famous Italian bitter when he was just 14 years old.
You Will Need
- A cocktail shaker
- 1 oz. high-quality gin
- 1 oz. sweet vermouth
- 1 oz. Campari
- A chilled cocktail glass
- An orange peel or orange slice