- Step 1: Make a simple syrup If you’re making your own sour mix, start by creating simple syrup. Simmer equal parts sugar and water until the sugar is completely dissolved. Let it cool, then transfer to a squeeze bottle or other container.
- TIP: Instead of simmering, you can also shake the sugar and water mixture vigorously until clear.
- Step 2: Make the sour mix To make the sour mix, combine one part lemon juice, one part lime juice, and one part simple syrup.
- TIP: Always use fresh-squeezed lemon and lime juices if possible.
- Step 3: Mix your drink Combine the rum, the melon liqueur, and the curacao in an ice-filled hurricane glass. Add a splash of sour mix, a splash of lemon-lime soda, and stir.
- Step 4: Enjoy Relax, enjoy, and forget all about Kansas!
- FACT: 'The Emerald City' is the official nickname of both Seattle, Washington, and Sydney, Australia.
You Will Need
- 1 c. coconut rum
- 1/2 c. melon liqueur
- 1/2 c. blue curacao liqueur
- A glass
- Sour mix
- Lemon-lime soda
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. water
- A squeeze bottle or other container
- Freshly squeezed lemon and lime juices