- Step 1: Squeeze the lime Squeeze the juice from the lime half and then rub the lime around the rim of the glass.
- Step 2: Flavor the glass Dip the edge of the glass in margarita salt. Set the glass down in an upright position.
- Step 3: Make the spice mix Whisk together one splash of Tabasco sauce, two splashes of Worcestershire sauce, one splash of soy sauce and a pinch of black pepper in a small bowl.
- Step 4: Pour beer into spice mix Pour the beer into the spice mix and mix thoroughly with the whisk.
- TIP: Pour the beer slowly – the salt in the spice mix will make the beer foam more than usual.
- Step 5: Prepare the michelada Pour the beer and spice mix into the salted margarita glass.
- TIP: In El Salvador, the michelada is often made with tomato juice.
- Step 6: Garnish Garnish the michelada with lime wedges. Now, enjoy your well- deserved cocktail!
- FACT: In Spain, the michelada is called a "cerveza preparada," which means prepared beer.
You Will Need
- 1/2 lime plus wedges for garnish
- A margarita glass
- Margarita salt
- A small whisk
- Tabasco sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Soy sauce
- Black pepper
- Chilled dark Mexican beer