- Step 1: Get the "Remote" app Download and install the software for the "Remote" application on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Pair Apple TV Pair your iPhone to Apple TV. With your iPhone connected to the same Wi-Fi network as Apple TV, open Remote, select "Add Library," and retrieve your four-digit passcode.
- TIP: Confirm that your iPhone and Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network by checking their IP addresses under General Settings.
- Step 3: Enter Apple TV passcode Make sure your Apple TV is connected to a television. In General Settings select "Remotes" and click the tab that shows your iPhone. Then, enter your passcode using the infrared remote.
- Step 4: Browse Apple TV library Click "Done." Now you can access your Apple TV music and video library from anywhere in your home.
- FACT: A typical TV viewer loses the remote control 3.4 times a week – spending over two minutes looking for it each time.
You Will Need
- An iPhone or iPod Touch with software version 2.0 or later
- Apple TV with software version 2.1 and infrared remote
- A wireless network
- A television