- Step 1: Decide Decide which programs you don’t need. Remember, if you have the original discs the program came on, you can always reinstall it later.
- TIP: Before you begin uninstalling programs, close and save anything you’re working on. You might have to reboot your computer when you’re done.
- Step 2: Click Click the ‘’Start’’ menu, then ‘’All Programs.’’ Scroll your mouse over the program you want to uninstall.
- Step 3: Uninstall Most programs have an added icon to uninstall it. If this is the case, choose that option. A pop-up box will appear--click ‘’Uninstall.’’
- Step 4: Restart Once done, restart your computer, if it says it’s necessary.
- Step 5: Go to Control panel If the program does not have an uninstall option, click the ‘’Start’’ menu, then 'Control Panel.’’ Double click on 'Add or Remove Program.' A pop-up box will appear with a list of all installed programs in your computer, usually in alphabetical order.
- Step 6: Scroll and highlight Scroll down the list and highlight the program you want to remove by clicking on it.
- Step 7: Remove Click the ‘’Remove’’ tab and the uninstall process will begin.
- Step 8: Restart Restart your computer, if it says it’s necessary.
- Step 9: Restore If you accidentally delete a program you wanted to keep, click the 'Start’’ menu, then 'All Programs,’’ then ‘’Accessories,’’ and then ‘’System Tools.’’ Click 'System Restore' and follow the steps to restore your program.
- FACT: Fifty gigabytes of information can store a stack of documents three times the height of the Eiffel Tower!
You Will Need