- Step 1: Cut lime Cut the lime in half, and then slice it into thin wedges. Place half of the wedges into the bottom of the glass.
- Step 2: Add sugar or syrup Top the lime wedges with the granulated sugar or simple syrup.
- TIP: Make simple syrup by simmering equal parts sugar and water until the sugar is completely dissolved. Let it cool, then transfer to a bottle or other container.
- Step 3: Muddle the lime and sugar Gently grind the lime and sugar mixture with a wooden spoon or muddler to release the lime juice.
- TIP: Muddlers can be purchased at houseware and specialty stores.
- Step 4: Ice the class Fill the glass with ice cubes and add the vodka.
- Step 5: Stir Stir your drink so the vodka blends with the sugar and limes at the bottom of the glass. Garnish with a colorful slice of lime. Enjoy!
- FACT: In the 2008 summer Olympics, Russia's men's volleyball team beat no.1 ranked Brazil on its way to capturing a bronze medal.
You Will Need
- A rocks glass
- A lime
- 1 to 2 tsp. granulated sugar or simple syrup
- 2 oz. vodka
- A wooden spoon