- Step 1: Fill glass with ice Fill the glass with either crushed or cubes of ice, depending on your preference.
- Step 2: Pour the cola Next, pour about the cola into the glass, leaving some room at the top.
- Step 3: Add grenadine and stir Add the grenadine, stirring well to disperse the syrup evenly.
- TIP: Don’t stir vigorously, which makes the cola foamy and increases the amount of dissolved ice. Instead, stir slowly and smoothly.
- Step 4: Add garnish Garnish with one or two maraschino cherries; add a lemon wedge for extra flavor.
- Step 5: Serve Serve with a straw. Consider setting a one-refill limit; kids are sure to find these drinks addictive!
- FACT: Roy Rogers, one of the most famous cowboys of all time, is remembered each year at the Portsmouth, Ohio, Roy Rogers Festival.
You Will Need
- An 8-ounce beverage glass
- 6 oz. cola
- 2 to 3 tsp. grenadine syrup
- Maraschino cherries and lemon wedges
- A stirrer
- A straw