- Step 1: Brew some coffee Brew a pot of very strong coffee – at least one heaping tablespoon per six-ounce cup. Adding ice will dilute it, so, unless you like weak coffee, brew a batch that will put hair on your chest.
- Step 2: Add sugar Add your desired amount of sugar while the coffee is still hot. Then let it cool for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Step 3: Chill overnight Chill the coffee overnight in the refrigerator.
- TIP: If you don't want to dilute your iced coffee, pour some into an ice cube tray before you put the rest in the fridge. Stick the tray in the freezer. When you're ready to drink it, use those cubes instead of regular ice.
- Step 4: Add ice Pour the coffee over a tall glass of ice. Pour in milk or cream, if you like, and stir. Enjoy!
- FACT: The first coffeehouse in London was established in the 1650s.
You Will Need
- A refrigerator
- And ice cubes
- An ice cube tray
- And milk or cream