- Step 1: Pour juice Pour the fruit juice into a large serving bowl.
- TIP: Common juices include orange, lemon, pineapple, grape, and watermelon. Mix and match according to taste.
- Step 2: Combine water and sugar Boil one cup of water on the stove, then add two cups of sugar to the saucepan and let it dissolve.
- Step 3: Add sugar water and carbonated water Add the sugar water to the juice. Add the club soda, if using.
- Step 4: Spike the punch If you want to "spike" your fruit punch, add rum, vodka or fruit-flavored schnapps to taste.
- Step 5: Chill Place the punch in the refrigerator for at least an hour to chill.
- Step 6: Serve Garnish with fruit slices if you'd like, and serve cold.
- FACT: Fruit punch was originally called "paantsch," which comes from the Parsi word for five.
You Will Need
- 5 qt. fruit juice of your choice
- Serving bowl
- 2 c. sugar
- Club soda
- or fruit-flavored schnapps
- Fruit slices