- Step 1: Turn on the tap Fill the top glass with ice water; the cold will make the glass molecules contract.
- TIP: Add salt to the ice water to chill it faster.
- Step 2: Switch to hot water With the top glass still full of ice water, run hot water over the bottom glass, or place it in a few inches of hot water. The heat makes the bottom glass expand.
- Step 3: Do the twist Gently twist the two glasses; they should come apart easily.
- Step 4: Adjust temperatures Still stuck? Try colder water, or keep the bottom glass submerged in the hot water a little longer. Unsticking them can take anywhere from one to 10 minutes, depending on the glasses.
- FACT: One ton of glass consists of 1,300 pounds of sand and 380 pounds of limestone.
You Will Need
- A sink
- Ice water
- And hot water