- Step 1: Place hands Place your hands in the adjacent corners of a shorter edge of the sheet, so your fingertips are at the end of the seams.
- Step 2: Tuck two corners Bring your hands together and tuck one corner into the other. They should be aligned and fit quite naturally. Now hold this pair of corners in one hand.
- Step 3: Tuck other corners Pick up the other two fitted ends and tuck them inside each other in the same way as the first pair.
- Step 4: Tuck pairs of corners Bring your hands together and tuck one pair of corners into the other.
- Step 5: Lay sheet down Lay the sheet down on a clean, flat surface.
- Step 6: Smooth wrinkles Smooth out the wrinkles by grazing your hand over them, working from the middle to the edges.
- Step 7: Square edges Fold down one edge adjacent to the fitted corner and then the other, squaring off the edges to make a neat box corner. You should now have a tidy rectangle.
- TIP: Be careful not to let your fitted corner or the edges you've folded down slip free as you fold the entire sheet.
- Step 8: Fold sheet into thirds Fold the sheet into thirds. Voila!
- FACT: Elastic, the secret mojo of fitted sheets, was invented by Englishman Thomas Hancock in the early 1820s.
You Will Need
- A fitted sheet
- A clean
- flat surface (optional) (optional)