- Step 1: Fill the glass two-thirds full with soda and wait for the fizz to settle.
- Step 2: Use the ice cream scoop to portion one large scoop per float.
- TIP: Vanilla is the traditional flavor in a float, but you can use any ice cream you want, even a fruity sorbet.
- Step 3: Gently drop the ball of ice cream into the glass. The soda will start to fizz!
- Step 4: Top with whipped cream and add a straw.
- TIP: Add candy pieces or nuts for an extra-special treat.
- Step 5: Drink up!
- FACT: Traditional ice cream floats were made by combining either 7 UP or Coca-Cola with vanilla ice cream.
You Will Need
- A tall glass
- Your favorite soda
- Ice cream or sorbet
- Ice cream scoop
- Whipped cream
- A long straw
- Candy or nuts