- Step 1: Pour the syrup into the glass.
- TIP: Vanilla or chocolate syrup are often used, but fruit and nut flavors also work well.
- Step 2: Add the carbonated water until the glass is about three-quarters full.
- Step 3: Stir the syrup into the water.
- Step 4: Add one or two scoops of ice cream.
- Step 5: Alternate sips of sweet soda with bites of ice cream. Yum!
- FACT: In Australia, ice cream sodas are called "spiders."
You Will Need
- A tall glass
- 3 tbsp. flavored syrup
- Carbonated water
- A long spoon
- Ice cream
- A spoon or straw