- Step 1: Put wine bottle in empty ice bucket Put the wine bottle into an empty ice bucket.
- Step 2: Fill bucket with ice Fill bucket with enough ice cubes to cover the bottle up to its neck.
- Step 3: Add water Add cold water – about three-quarters of the way up the bottle.
- Step 4: Add salt Add two handfuls of salt. The salt makes the ice melt at a lower temperature. Your wine will chill in a third of the time that it would in only ice water.
- TIP: For a fun way to cool your wine, add three or four frozen green grapes to your glass.
- Step 5: Wipe off salt and pour Wipe the salt off the bottle before you pour. In less than 10 minutes, your wine is chilled and ready for sipping. Put your feet up and enjoy!
- FACT: The Thanksgiving holiday is the biggest wine-drinking day in the U.S.
You Will Need
- A bottle of wine
- An ice bucket
- And a towel
- Frozen grapes