- Step 1: Clear out the car Clean out the car and the trunk. Throw any trash into a garbage bag.
- Step 2: Shake and vacuum the mats Remove the floor mats, shake them out outside the car, and vacuum them.
- Step 3: Vacuum seats and floor With the hose, go over the seats, including the seat backs. Then, vacuum the floor, making sure to get under and between the seats, the hard-to-reach area between the doors and the seats, and the trunk floor.
- TIP: Consider investing in a handheld vacuum made for cars, because it will provide the attachments you need to get into all the nooks and crannies.
- Step 4: Finish up Put the brush attachment on the vacuum hose, and go over the dashboard, the steering wheel, and the area around the shift and emergency brake.
- Step 5: Replace floor mats Replace the floor mats, and enjoy your sweet, clean ride!
- FACT: The first vacuum cleaner was patented in 1901 in England.
You Will Need
- A garbage bag
- A vacuum cleaner with a hose and attachments
- A handheld vacuum