- Step 1: Adjust machine Adjust the machine so that your back rests against the back pad when your legs are extended.
- Step 2: Load machine w/ weight Load the machine with weight.
- Step 3: Release weight & lower With your legs about shoulder width apart, release the weight and slowly lower it until your legs form 90-degree angles.
- TIP: Don't let your legs bend beyond 90 degrees—it's hard on your knees.
- Step 4: Push weight back up Pushing from your hips, press the weight back up, driving from your heels until your legs are extended but not locked at the knee.
- TIP: For an added calf exercise, press up onto your toes.
- Step 5: Re-lock the weight When you are done doing presses, re-lock the weight before standing up. Take it easy — you'll probably be feeling the burn!
- FACT: The evangelical preacher Pat Robertson claims to have leg-pressed 2,000 pounds, roughly the combined weight of five American black bears.
You Will Need