- Step 1: Pass end through ring Pass the end of the rope up through the ring from below.
- Step 2: Pass behind standing part Pass it behind the remaining end—or 'standing part'—of the rope.
- Step 3: Pass end through loop Bring the end back up and pass it through the eye of the loop you've just formed.
- Step 4: Pull tight Pull it tight to complete a Half Hitch.
- Step 5: Pass end through standing part Pass the end of the rope behind the standing part again.
- Step 6: Bring through 2nd loop & tighten Bring it back up and through this second loop you've just formed (making a second Half Hitch) and tighten.
- FACT: "The unconscious can only be expressed in knots of language." Jacques Lacan (1901-1981)
You Will Need
- A single length of rope
- Something to hitch to
- such as a post
- or ring