- : If you feel pain when using acupressure, stop immediately. Pregnant women should not use acupressure.
- Step 1: Find the right spot Locate the Spirit Gate acupressure point. It's on the inside of the wrist crease, just to the inside of the tendon on the pinky finger side.
- TIP: Manipulating Spirit Gate is believed to increase production of melatonin, a hormone produced by the pineal gland that helps control sleep cycles.
- Step 2: Massage it Gently press and knead the point for one minute. Switch hands and repeat.
- Step 3: Ease pain To ease pain-induced insomnia, press your index fingers against the bottom of your skull, with your left finger about a half-inch to the left of your spine, and right finger a half-inch to the right of your spine. Hold for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Step 4: Sleep soundly Have sweet dreams!
- FACT: Famous chronic insomnia sufferers include Napoleon, Franz Kafka, and Thomas Edison.
You Will Need
- Two Hands