- Step 1: Chop the vegetables Chop the onions, peppers, pickle, cucumber, pimentos, and celery by hand or with a food processor, until they're finely minced.
- Step 2: Pickle it Put all the vegetables in a large bowl and mix in the mustard, ketchup, horseradish, and Worcestershire sauce until everything is evenly coated.
- TIP: If you like your relish hot, add a teaspoon of red-pepper flakes.
- Step 3: Keep in fridge Put in a covered container and store in the refrigerator, where it will keep for five days. You'll end up with enough for about 20 hot dogs.
- FACT: "Gentlemen's Relish" is an anchovy paste created in 1828 by an Englishman named John Osborn.
You Will Need
- 1 c. onions
- 1/2 c. bell peppers
- 1/2 c. dill pickle
- 1/2 c. cucumber
- 1/2 can of pimentos
- 1/4 c. celery
- 1/4 c. Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1 c. ketchup
- 1/4 c. horseradish
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Food processor
- Red-pepper flakes