- Step 1: Get a container Clean out an empty baby wipes container or buy a cylindrical plastic one with a lid at a home goods store.
- Step 2: Cut paper towels Cut a roll of plain white paper towels in half with a serrated knife to form two short rolls. Remove the cardboard center.
- Step 3: Boil water Bring the water to a boil and let it boil for five minutes. When it has cooled back to room temperature, add the baby shampoo and baby or olive oil. Mix together, and pour into the container.
- TIP: If you use distilled water, you don't have to bother boiling it first.
- Step 4: Add the paper towels Put one half of the paper towel roll you cut into the container with the cut side facing down. Close the lid, turn the container upside down, and let it sit until all the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Step 5: Start the roll Start the roll by tugging one towel from the center to the top of the container. Store the other half of the paper roll for a refill. Baby wipes disappear fast – you'll probably be reaching for it in no time at all!
- FACT: Some studies have found that cloth diapers have roughly the same environmental impact as disposable ones.
You Will Need
- A cylindrical plastic container
- A roll of white paper towels
- A serrated knife
- 2 c. water
- 2 baby shampoo
- 2 tbsp. baby oil or olive oil
- Distilled water