- Step 1: Pick a formal black outfit Pick an elegant black dress or a formal black suit from your closet, or find one in a used clothing store.
- Step 2: Secure fangs Buy plastic vampire fangs and a rubber bat from a costume shop. Make sure the fangs fit comfortably over your upper teeth.
- TIP: Spring for moldable fangs and follow the instructions to make them stay securely in place all night.
- Step 3: Whiten your face After dressing, wash your face and then apply white powder with a puff or brush.
- Step 4: Highlight your lips Highlight your lips by making them very pale with a light dusting of face powder, or very dark with a deep red, purple, or black lipstick.
- TIP: To make your face look even freakier, buy colored contacts—especially a disturbing color, like red, or a shade that is the opposite of your normal coloring.
- Step 5: Do your hair Slick your hair back with pomade or gel. If it’s long, put it in a ponytail.
- Step 6: Use fake blood Dribble a drop or two of fake blood from the corners of your lips, and dot two small drops on your neck, spaced to look like fang puncture wounds.
- TIP: You can purchase fake blood from most costume shops, or make your own with a few drops of corn syrup, red food coloring, and soy sauce.
- Step 7: Don your cape Don your cape with a flourish, and start practicing replacing your Ws with Vs.
- FACT: Bram Stoker’s character Dracula was based on Prince Vlad Tepes, a 15th century Romanian known as 'The Impaler' for his love of that method of torture.
You Will Need
- An elegant outfit
- Vampire fangs
- White face powder
- Red or purple lipstick
- Pomade or hair gel
- Fake blood
- A cape