- Step 1: Put the instant coffee, water, and sugar in the blender and blend on medium speed for 20 to 30 seconds, until the mixture is combined.
- TIP: Add flavored syrup if you'd like.
- Step 2: Add the ice cubes to the mix and blend on medium-high speed until the ice cubes are broken and the mixture looks like a smoothie.
- Step 3: Slowly pour the frappe mixture into a tall glass and let it settle for about a minute. Froth will develop and float to the top of the drink.
- Step 4: Serve as is, or top with a generous dollop of whipped cream for an extra-decadent treat.
- FACT: The first coffee frappe was served in 1957 at the Thessaloniki International Trade Fair in Greece.
You Will Need
- A blender
- 2 tsp. Instant coffee
- 1/4 c. Cold water
- 1 tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 5 large ice cubes
- 16 oz. Glass
- 1/2 tbsp. Flavored syrup
- And whipped cream