- Step 1: Pick a schedule Pick one of two polyphasic schedules: Uberman Sleep, where you take 20 to 30 minute naps every four hours, or Dymaxion Sleep, where you snooze for 30 minutes every six hours.
- Step 2: Start your new schedule Start your new sleep schedule. Expect to suffer through sleep deprivation for the first two weeks, as your body adjusts to shorter sleep cycles.
- TIP: Don’t deviate! You are training your body to fall instantly into the all-important REM sleep that makes us feel rested. Missing even one nap—or oversleeping—will throw everything off.
- Step 3: Eat more Enjoy more food! One bonus of the diet is you’ll need to consume more calories because your body will be active several more hours each day.
- TIP: Expect to experience vivid dreams once you adjust to your new sleep pattern.
- Step 4: Feel smug Feel superior to all those slugs wasting 8 hours a night on sleep.
- FACT: Benjamin Franklin and Leonardo Da Vinci were believed to have been polyphasic sleepers.
You Will Need
- Patience to adjust to your new schedule
- The flexibility to nap every four hours