- Step 1: Combine ingredients Combine the tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, garlic, and cilantro in a medium-sized bowl.
- Step 2: Add lime juice Squeeze the juice of two limes over the mixture, adding salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly.
- TIP: To get the most juice, soften the lime by pressing down on it and rolling it over a countertop.
- Step 3: Cover and chill Cover and chill for up to four hours, or enjoy immediately for an instant treat. This recipe can be used for dipping, cooking, or as a garnish.
- FACT: Pico de Gallo means "rooster’s beak" in Spanish.
You Will Need
- 1 u00bd c. tomatoes
- seeded and diced
- u00bc c. onions
- 1 tbsp. jalapeu00f1os
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 2 tbsp. cilantro
- 2 limes
- Salt and pepper