- Step 1: Be yourself. Don’t try to be someone you think your date will like.
- Step 2: Make a good first impression. This includes cleanliness, confidence, and consideration. And be on time!
- TIP: Go out for coffee or a drink instead of dinner. It’s less formal and less stressful.
- Step 3: Respect your date. Listen and be courteous. Your conversation shouldn’t be a monologue or an interview.
- Step 4: Keep the mood light and fun. On a first date, no one wants to hear about past relationships and problems.
- TIP: Turn off your cell phone. Give your date all of your attention.
- Step 5: Enjoy the moment. Appreciate the person you’re with, share some laughter – and breathe!
- FACT: Speed dating was invented by a Los Angeles rabbi in 1998 as a way for young Jewish singles to meet.
You Will Need
- A good attitude
- A sense of humor