- Step 1: Put teabags in a pitcher Place the tea bags in a pitcher.
- TIP: For a clearer beverage, use a tea blend marketed specifically for iced tea.
- Step 2: Boil half the water Bring 2 cups cold tap water to a boil and pour the boiling water into the pitcher.
- Step 3: Steep the tea Steep the tea for three to five minutes.
- TIP: Make the tea stronger than you would hot tea -- you will be diluting it with water and ice.
- Step 4: Add the rest of the water Remove the tea bags, add 2 cups cold water, and stir.
- Step 5: Serve over ice Put ice into tall glasses and fill with tea. Add lemon and sugar to taste and garnish with fresh mint.
- FACT: Britain's Anna the 7th Duchess of Bedford is credited with initiating afternoon tea.
You Will Need
- A pitcher
- 5 teabags
- 4 c. water
- A sprig of fresh mint