- Step 1: Cut the core Center the corer over the apple's stem end, pierce the apple, and push the corer all the way through. If you don't have a corer, push a paring knife through the apple and cut around the core.
- TIP: If you don't need to keep the apple whole, cut the apple in half and remove the core from each half using a melon baller or a spoon.
- Step 2: Remove the core Pull out the corer, which will take the apple core with it. If you used a paring knife, remove it and push the core through the bottom of the apple with your fingers.
- Step 3: Clean out remaining core Turn the apple over and remove any excess core from the bottom.
- FACT: The only apple that is native to North America is the crabapple. Most apple varieties originated in Asia.
You Will Need
- An apple
- A paring knife or apple corer
- A melon baller or spoon (optional)