- Step 1: Make your life happy Make your life happy and fulfilling without him. Contrary to popular belief, men want women who are fun and fascinating even more than they want a pretty face.
- TIP: Don't pretend to be unavailable—be unavailable. Staying busy makes you seem more valuable—and gives you plenty to talk about!
- Step 2: Limit the talks Limit the "we need to talk" talks. Most men despise having to analyze the relationship.
- Step 3: Embrace his friends Embrace his friends. Keep your criticism of them to yourself, and don't complain when he wants to spend time with them.
- Step 4: Tailor your compliments Tailor your compliments. Research shows men would rather be praised for a special quality of theirs, like having a great sense of humor, than being told they look good.
- Step 5: Be adventurous Be adventurous. Scientists have found that the parts of the brain that are activated when we first fall in love are re-stimulated by adventure and novelty.
- TIP: Adventure can be as bold as skydiving or as ordinary as taking a photography course—the key is doing something fun and new together.
- Step 6: Practice bathroom etiquette Practice good bathroom etiquette. One survey found that men's top pet peeves are women's hair all over the bathroom, mirrors coated with hairspray, and women who try to talk to them while they're using the toilet.
- FACT: Ninety-seven percent of men responding to a Men's Health magazine poll said they like their girlfriend to show affection for them in public.
You Will Need
- An upbeat personality
- An independent streak
- An adventurous spirit