- : Products like moth balls, flakes, or crystals can be toxic and should be kept away from pets and children.
- Step 1: Clean all food preparation and storage areas to help eradicate indoor pests. Vacuum food particles out of cracks and crevices in all dried food storage areas.
- TIP: Keep your doors closed and have your windows and screens properly fitted.
- Step 2: Store dried food products such as cereal, flour, and dried fruits in airtight containers. Discard any infested products.
- Step 3: Locate clothing infestations by looking under collars, cuffs, and webbing. Locate other fabric infestations by looking in blended wool, cotton fibers, crevices of furniture, and carpet areas beneath furniture.
- TIP: Dry clean clothes periodically.
- Step 4: Launder clothes in water temperatures above 120 degrees for at least 30 minutes.
- Step 5: Use moth balls, flakes, or crystals to eradicate moths from clothes in storage.
- FACT: The felts and hammers inside a piano can become infested with moths, damaging the instrument's tone.
You Will Need
- A vacuum
- Airtight containers
- Moth balls
- or crystals
- A dry cleaner