- Step 1: Make an O Shape your lips into an O. Make sure to leave a small opening for air to pass through.
- TIP: Lick your lips; moist lips help make a better sound.
- Step 2: Blow Place the tip of your tongue behind your bottom teeth or against your bottom gums. Keeping your tongue in this position, blow air through the O.
- Step 3: Repeat Repeat blowing through your lips while maintaining an O shape. It may take a while before you hear a real whistle, so practice a few minutes a day in front of a mirror.
- TIP: If no sound is coming out, adjust the placement of your tongue and shape of the O.
- Step 4: Make different sounds Once you are able to make a decent sound, adjust your lips, tongue, and the amount of air you blow to whistle different notes.
- FACT: The record for continuous whistling is 24 hours.
You Will Need