- Step 1: Choose the song Choose the song you’d like to sing to express your feelings. Love ballads are great, but any song that conveys your message will do.
- Step 2: Choose your instrument Once you have a song that you want to sing, choose the instrument you want to bring. Though guitar and banjo are the tradition choice, use whatever you want to use to accompany your voice.
- TIP: Don’t get hung up if you don’t play an instrument. You can always go a capella. You can even do it karaoke-style. Bring a microphone and boombox, go the extra mile. Or if money is no object, you can hire a band.
- Step 3: Find a porch or window Find a porch or a window to stand underneath. Start playing some sweet tunes for your main squeeze.
- TIP: Nighttime is the perfect time of day for a serenade. When it’s quiet outside, the stars and moonlight make the mood just right.
- Step 4: You’ve passed the test Now if the neighbors haven’t called the cops and your sweetheart’s impressed, look forward to a night of romance, my friend: you’ve passed the test.
You Will Need
- An instrument or karaoke device
- An object of desire
- A band