- Step 1: Clip your carabiner Clip a carabiner to an overhead knot on a bite. Wrap this around the first tree and clip your carabiner. Feed the line out to the second tree.
- Step 2: Wrap a sling Wrap a sling around the second tree. Clip the sling together with two carabiners.
- Step 3: Tie a clove hitch Tie a clove hitch and clip in the last two carabiners.
- Step 4: Thread the line Thread the line between the carabiners top to top and bottom to bottom. This creates a simple pulley system that we use to help tighten the line.
- Step 5: Tension the line Tension the line with at least one more person.
- Step 6: Tie two half hitches Finish by tying two or more half hitches.
- Step 7: Start walking Step up and start walking! When first starting, it helps to hold onto someone.
- TIP: Looking at something stationary helps with balance.
- Step 8: Try walking backwards When you get better, you can start walking backwards. You can jump onto the line and you can jump on a line. No matter what you do, keep practicing and have fun.
You Will Need
- 2.0 Two trees or solid anchor points about 20 ft. apart from each other
- 40.0 ft 40 ft. 1u201d tubular climbing webbing
- 5.0 5 carabiners
- 2.0 1 or 2 sewn slings
- A basic knowledge of knots that you can learn on the internet
- 1.0 A friend or helper