- Step 1: Cut off the ends of the pineapple Cut off the leafy top and the base using a chef’s knife.
- Step 2: Cut off the rind in large strips Stand the pineapple on its bottom and slice away the rind in large strips, cutting deeply enough to remove the brown eyes without losing too much fruit.
- TIP: Use a paring knife to cut out any remaining brown eyes.
- Step 3: Cut the fruit away from the core Cut the pineapple away from its core in large strips and discard the core. Or, slice the peeled pineapple horizontally into rings and use an apple corer to remove the core from each slice.
- Step 4: Cut into chunks and serve Cut the peeled strips of pineapple into chunks and serve.
- FACT: Christopher Columbus was one of the first Europeans to taste pineapple.
You Will Need
- A chefu2019s knife
- And a ripe pineapple
- A paring knife
- And an apple corer