- : Do not whiten teeth if you have cavities, open sores, gingivitis, or other gum disease.
- Step 1: Make the paste In a small bowl, mix 2 teaspoons each of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Stir until it is the consistency of regular toothpaste. You may need to add a bit more peroxide.
- TIP: Add a drop or two of sugar-free mint flavoring.
- Step 2: Brush your teeth Apply the whitener to a toothbrush and use as if it was regular toothpaste. Leave the whitener on your teeth for at least two minutes.
- Step 3: Rinse Rinse thoroughly. Do not swallow the whitener solution.
- TIP: Try rinsing with cranberry juice to get rid of the whitener's taste; it also kills bacteria.
- Step 4: Put away the extra whitener Cover the bowl with the plastic wrap and set the extra whitener aside for another use.
- Step 5: Repeat Brush with the peroxide paste no more than once a week. Hydrogen peroxide can cause tissue damage if used too often.
- FACT: Tooth enamel is the hardest tissue in the human body.
You Will Need
- Baking soda
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Plastic wrap
- Mint flavoring
- Cranberry juice