- Step 1: Get OS 3.0 If you've got a first generation or 3G iPhone, download the free OS 3.0 upgrade. If you've got an iPhone 3G S, the latest operating system comes preloaded.
- TIP: You can download OS 3.0 for your iPod Touch as well, but it'll cost you $9.95.
- Step 2: Double-tap your selection In an e-mail, text message, or note, double-tap the word you want to select. Then drag the ends of your highlighted box to include any other words.
- Step 3: Tap "Copy" or "Cut" Tap "Copy" or "Cut" in the bubble over your selection.
- Step 4: Tap the cursor and select "Paste" In a new message or note, tap the cursor to bring up the "Select," "Select All," and "Paste" commands. Tap "Paste," and your selection appears instantly.
- Step 5: On a site, tap and hold If you're on a web site, tap and hold a block of text to select it. If you want to copy more text or a photo, just drag the selection box to include it. For less text, shrink the box. You can paste the entire formatted selection into an e-mail message or other application.
- Step 6: Shake to undo If you make a mistake, shake the iPhone to undo it.
- FACT: Two-thirds of all mobile internet browsing is done on an iPhone or iPod Touch.
You Will Need
- An Apple iPhone
- iPhone OS 3.0
- Your finger