- Step 1: Tap stocks icon On your iPhone's desktop, tap the Stocks icon.
- Step 2: Tap "i" button Once the Stocks application launches, tap the "i" button at the bottom of the screen, bringing up a personalized page where you can track any stocks you choose.
- Step 3: Add stocks to your list If you haven't already added stocks for tracking, tap the plus sign at the top of your screen and type in a company's name or stock symbol. Then tap Search to find the company, and tap the company's name to add it to your queue.
- TIP: To get them in the order you want, drag stock listings up and down by pressing on the right edge of the listing and moving it.
- Step 4: Get stock info Back on the main screen, tap on any of the stock title boxes to retrieve the current price and latest trends. A line graph at the bottom of the screen displays how the stock is performing over the specific time period of your choice.
- Step 5: Choose data preferences Depending on your reading preferences, tap the Percent or Numbers buttons to switch the data back and forth.
- TIP: If you have an iPhone 3.0, you can rotate your phone sideways to compare several stocks over a long period of time.
- Step 6: Delete stock To delete a stock from your personalized list, tap the "i" button, and then tap the red button to the left of the stock name. Follow the prompt.
- Step 7: Strike it rich Now it's up to you to strike stock gold – all with just a few finger taps.
- FACT: The longest listed company on the New York Stock Exchange is the power company Con Edison, which dates back to 1824.
You Will Need
- An iPhone