- Step 1: Gargle a mixture of lemon juice and salt in 8 ounces warm water for one minute every hour. It will wash away mucus and improve circulation.
- Step 2: Drink a tea of apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, a pinch of cayenne pepper, and honey in a glass of hot water at least three times a day.
- TIP: Chamomile and licorice teas soothe a sore throat.
- Step 3: Keep the air moist with a cool or warm humidifier to relieve swollen air passages. Or, set out a shallow pan of water, which will evaporate and naturally humidify the air.
- TIP: Don’t smoke and stay clear of secondhand smoke and other airborne pollutants.
- Step 4: Take a hot bath with Epsom salts. The magnesium sulfate is absorbed through the skin and draws toxins out of the body.
- Step 5: Take an anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- FACT: A tonsillectomy is the second most common childhood surgery.
You Will Need
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp. honey
- A humidifier
- Epsom salts
- Chamomile or licorice tea