- : If you are experiencing any back pain, avoid this exercise.
- Step 1: Grab dumbbell & stand straight Grab a dumbbell in your right hand and stand straight, with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Step 2: Place hand on hip & lift dumbbell Place your left hand on your hip to steady yourself, and raise the dumbbell to your waist.
- Step 3: Bend forward & twist torso Keeping your back straight, bend forward and twist your torso to the left, guiding the dumbbell in your right hand down toward your left foot.
- TIP: Don't overextend the reach—twist and bend only as far as you can. Over time, you'll gradually develop the flexibility to reach your foot.
- Step 4: Return to position Slowly raise your torso and pull the dumbbell up to the start position.
- Step 5: Repeat Repeat as needed—so the next time you'll be ready when you spot a quarter lying on the sidewalk.
- FACT: Because of the stretching function of this exercise, it also serves as a great way to boost flexibility and gain strength.
You Will Need
- A light dumbbell
- Comfortable exercise clothes and shoes
- A clean floor area about three sq. ft.