- Step 1: Put dice in cup Put the poker dice in the dice cup. The six faces of each die simulate a playing card deck’s top six markings: ace, king, queen, jack, ten, and nine.
- TIP: Poker dice hands use five-card poker rankings from highest to lowest.
- Step 2: Shake dice cup and roll Shake the dice cup and roll the dice onto a dice tray or another flat surface. Each player gets one roll.
- Step 3: Stand pat or roll again Stand pat with your first hand, or set aside some of your hand and re-roll the remainder. Any dice set aside cannot be re-rolled.
- Step 4: Best poker hand wins The player with the best poker hand wins.
- FACT: The game Yahtzee evolved from a variation of Poker Dice.
You Will Need
- Five poker dice
- A dice cup
- Two or more players
- A dice tray