- Step 1: Rinse with cold water If the stained item is washable, rinse the blood stain with cold water as soon as you can; keep rinsing until the water is no longer lightening the stain. If the blood stain has had time to set in, soak it in cold water for a few hours.
- TIP: Never use warm or hot water; it will set the blood stain in.
- Step 2: Tackle the remaining stain Dab a small amount of shampoo – any kind will do – on the stain. Wet the area with cold water, and rub the item between your hands until the blood is gone. Then soak the item in cold water for a few hours.
- Step 3: Check the stain Check the item. If any of the stain remains, repeat the process. As with all stains, don't put the item in the dryer until all traces of the stain are gone.
- FACT: AB negative blood is the rarest type.
You Will Need
- Cold water