- Step 1: Mix ingredients Mash two ripe bananas in a small mixing bowl -- three if you have long hair -- and combine with two to three tablespoons honey.
- TIP: For extra conditioning, squeeze in a vitamin E capsule.
- Step 2: Apply and massage Apply liberally and gently massage into damp hair, starting at the roots and working your way to the ends.
- TIP: Don’t brush or comb when using a mask -- hair is more prone to damage during treatment.
- Step 3: Wrap hair Wrap your hair in plastic wrap or a shower cap. Use your blow dryer on a warm setting over your head to help the mask penetrate the hair cuticle.
- Step 4: Let mask set Wrap a towel over the plastic and keep the mixture on for at least 30 minutes.
- Step 5: Rinse and shampoo Rinse your hair, shampoo, and condition as usual. Rinse again with very cold water to seal in shine.
- Step 6: Air dry Let your hair air dry to maintain shine and reduce heat damage.
- FACT: Hair turns gray because older follicles have more hydrogen peroxide, which blocks the synthesis of hair's natural pigment.
You Will Need
- 2 to 3 ripe bananas
- A small mixing bowl
- 2 to 3 tbsp. honey
- Plastic wrap or a shower cap
- A towel
- A vitamin E capsule