- Step 1: Select a hardcover book at least 1½ inches thick. Open the book and bind the first 10 or 20 pages with a paper clip.
- Step 2: Mix the white craft glue with water. Using a foam brush, apply the mixture to the edges of the non-clipped pages, holding them tightly together.
- Step 3: Use a spacer to separate the glued pages from the clipped pages and allow 30 minutes to dry. Add the weight to keep the pages flat.
- Step 4: Open the book to the first glued page and, using your straight edge, draw a rectangle, leaving a half- inch border around the edges.
- Step 5: Cut along the lines using your craft knife or box cutter. Cut the pages until you reach the back cover. This may take a while because you’ll need to remove pages in sections.
- TIP: Glue felt to the bottom and edges of the compartment for a more finished look.
- Step 6: Apply the glue mixture to the inside edges of the cut pages and reapply to the outside edges to seal your secret compartment.
- FACT: The Bible is the bestselling book of all time.
You Will Need
- A hardcover book
- A paper clip
- White craft glue
- A foam brush
- A spacer
- A weight
- A straightedge
- A heavy-bladed craft knife or box cutter