- Step 1: Mix ingredients in the saucepan Mix cornstarch, salt, and water in the saucepan.
- TIP: Add glycerin to make the paints shiny.
- Step 2: Heat mixture on low Cook on low for 10 to 15 minutes and continue stirring until the mixture becomes smooth and thick.
- Step 3: Remove from heat Remove mixture from heat after it has reached the desired consistency. Set it aside and let it cool.
- Step 4: Divide the mixture Divide the mixture into storage bowls.
- Step 5: Add color to each bowl Add food coloring and stir to create your desired shade. Keep leftover paint by covering with a tight-fitting lid.
- FACT: Finger paints were invented by an American educator in 1931.
You Will Need
- 1/2 c. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. cold water
- Food coloring
- 1 medium saucepan
- Mini storage bowls with lids
- 1 tbsp. glycerin