- : Talk to your pediatrician about when to start giving your baby solid foods and which foods to introduce first.
- Step 1: Measure the cereal Measure one tablespoon of dry cereal into a bowl.
- Step 2: Warm the liquid Heat a bottle of breast milk or formula in a bowl of hot water. Test the temperature on the inside of your wrist.
- Step 3: Add the liquid Mix the cereal with four or five tablespoons of breast milk or formula – the cereal should be very runny.
- TIP: Use less liquid and more cereal as baby gets used to eating solids.
- Step 4: Mix it up Add mashed fruits or vegetables to the cereal once baby gets used to eating.
- FACT: Jarred baby food first appeared on grocery-store shelves in the 1920s.
You Will Need
- Dry baby cereal
- Breast milk or formula
- Mashed or strained fruits and vegetables