- Step 1: Sprinkle baking soda Sprinkle baking soda in the pot or pan, so it coats the bottom entirely.
- Step 2: Moisten with water Add enough warm water for the baking soda to become a paste.
- Step 3: Wait Let it sit for at least ten minutes; the longer you let it soak, the better. The sodium bicarbonate will penetrate the stuck-on food and loosen it.
- TIP: No baking soda? Use a wet fabric softener sheet; it contains antistatic agents that will loosen the bond between the food and the pot.
- Step 4: Wipe Wipe the pot with a sponge or damp paper towel.
- Step 5: Don’t give up Food still stuck? Add more baking soda and water, and this time boil the mixture in the pot for a few minutes. Let it cool, then wipe clean.
- FACT: When mixed with water, baking soda can also soothe a bee sting, clean teeth, and keep a drain clog-free.
You Will Need
- Baking soda
- A sponge or paper towel
- A fabric-softener sheet