- Step 1: Light some matches Strike four matches at once. Be careful not to burn your fingers (or anything else).
- Step 2: Drop in matches Drop the lit matches into an empty glass bottle. Don't worry—the flames will extinguish themselves inside.
- Step 3: Set the egg Before the matches extinguish, set the narrower end of the egg on the mouth of the bottle so that it covers the opening completely.
- Step 4: Watch it go Watch as the air-pressure variation you've created inside the bottle magically sucks the egg right in. Now take a bow!
- FACT: It takes a hen about 25 hours to lay one egg; then she starts all over again 30 minutes later.
You Will Need
- 4 Four wooden matches
- 1 A wide-mouth glass bottle that holds at least 20 ounces
- 1 A peeled
- hard-boiled egg