- : If you are experiencing any back pain, avoid this exercise.
- Step 1: Rest barbell across neck & shoulders Grab a lightweight barbell weighing no more than 40 pounds and rest it across the back of your neck and shoulders.
- Step 2: Stand w/ feet apart Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, hands spread wide on the bar.
- TIP: Until you get the hang of this move, you can practice it with a broomstick or golf club.
- Step 3: Bend from side to side Slowly bend from side to side in one smooth, continuous motion, being careful not to bend forward or backward.
- Step 4: Repeat Repeat as needed. With this move in your workout, you're on your way to glory!
- FACT: The oblique muscles are what your body uses to twist and bend your torso.
You Will Need
- A light barbell
- Comfortable exercise clothes and shoes
- A broomstick or golf club