- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Step 2: Rub an ice cube or drizzle some water over the crust of the bread until it's damp.
- Step 3: Wrap it in aluminum foil.
- Step 4: Put it in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- TIP: To use your microwave, sprinkle the crust of the bread with water, wrap it in a paper towel, and pop it in for 15 seconds.
- Step 5: If you'd rather use your range, bring a few cups of water to a boil; put a vegetable steamer or splatter guard on top of the pot, and set the bread on it for one minute.
- Step 6: Enjoy your bread – and the knowledge that you didn't throw out perfectly good food.
- FACT: The Egyptians were the first to bake rising bread, back in 2600 BC. They also developed baking ovens.
You Will Need
- Stale bread
- Ice cube or water
- Aluminum foil
- Paper towel and microwave
- Steamer and pan